Group of buildings forming part of the original castle (since 1565)
From 1565 onwards, the long-stretched group of buildings forming part of the original castle were constructed. These buildings are nowadays connected with the town hall and are used by the city administration. Built on a massive basement the upper storeys are of half-timber construction. The bow front with alcove and gable are decorative elements. It is beneath the projecting alcove that the official entrance to the Gate Building was located.