Witches' Tower (1170)
The tower is Idstein’s oldest remaining monument and is the landmark of the town. Built during several construction phases in 1170, about 1240 and 1500 and after many smaller alterations and extensions in the 18th century, it gained its current form in 1810.
Its popular name “Witches' Tower” comes from a common custom of the 19th century and has nothing to do with the Idstein witch trials of the 17th century.
Letzte Änderung: 21.11.2012 16:34 Uhr